The Official website of Zhaoqing China Simplified Chinese | Traditional Chinese | English
Entry, Exit & Residence
  ZhaoQing Government - Service - Entry, Exit & Residence - Entry
Visa Exempted Personnel

To facilitate international travel, many countries exempt each other's citizens from visa requirements. The following foreign nationals are granted visa-free entry into mainland China.


1. Holders of passports issued by countries which have entered into a mutual visa exemption agreement with the Chinese government. At present, China has mutual visa exemption agreements with 53 countries, including Cuba, Mexico and Venezuela. Under such agreements, holders of passports other than ordinary passports, such as diplomatic and service passports, are allowed to enter mainland China without visas.


2. International passengers who hold a ticket for a connecting flight and are transiting directly through China on an international flight are exempted from transit visas, if they stay in the city of transit for not more than 24 hours and do not leave the airport. To leave the airport, an international passenger must obtain permission from the border inspection station at the airport.


3. Foreign crews of vessels on international voyages and their accompanying family who wish to come ashore during the vessel's call at a Chinese port and who will not travel beyond the city where the port is located may apply for a landing permit from the border inspection station. And those who wish to stay ashore overnight should obtain an overnight stay permit (this rule is not applicable to those planning to travel beyond the city or those who are unable to exit onboard their original vessel).


4. Citizens of Russia, Byelorussia, Turkmenistan and Moldova who are visiting China as part of a tour group are exempted from visas.


5. Citizens of Japan, Singapore and Brunei holding a regular passport are granted visa-free stay in China for up to 15 days.


144-hour Facility for Foreign Tour Groups to the Pearl River Delta


To facilitate foreign nationals' visits to the Pearl River Delta Region in Guangdong, with the approval of the State Council, foreign tourists who hold passports issued by nations with diplomatic relations with China and who have arrived in the Hong Kong or Macao Special Administrative Regions and have joined a tour group led by an authorized Hong Kong or Macao-based travel agency, are allowed to tour Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Dongguan, Zhongshan, Jiangmen, Zhaoqing and Huizhou (for up to six days) under the policy of streamlined procedures and entry facility. Such tourists are not required to fill out the Entry and Exit Registration Card upon their entry to mainland China, and their entry and exit formalities will be handled by their travel agency on their behalf, allowing them to enjoy their tours without formalities.


This facility policy is also applicable to foreign visitors to the Shantou area; however, they are allowed to enter and exit via Shantou port only and are not permitted to travel beyond the Shantou area.